Now we know we have two running engines, and continue the work on the hit and miss governor and some of the finishing touches.
The “trademark” 5 holes were added to the flywheels.
Here a picture of our test set up on the bench, with the two engine side by side, and the finished flywheels installed.
The last major part we needed to make, was the hit and miss governor.
This was quite time consuming, as the governor is made up of a number of parts, all rather intricate. Unfortunately we didn’t take pictures while making the parts, so we will jump right ahead to the finished governor.
…and the hit ‘n miss governor in action:
The 10 days where up, and my visit was coming to an end. There were still a few little things left to do, but they will have to wait for another time.
When we started, we really didn’t know how far this project would go, especially in the time frame we set ourselves. Having two complete, running engines was amazing.
My brother, and yours truly posing with SAM for a photo.
In the next episode, we’ll finish the story and complete the last few bits and pieces.
Thank you for visiting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I’ll get back to you.