Before I begin with showing how I made the parts, I’m publishing the drawings for the main three components of the grinder. This is not intended as plans to follow and build one, it’s there to guide and help you design your own. It can be a tremendous help, to have something to start from and then design and alter from there. They are not 100% complete either, as I made the drawings for myself to work from. I always feel having a set of drawings in the workshop makes life a lot easier. One could argue that would be an unnecessary step, as I have 3D models available, and I designed the whole thing, so why paper drawings? I find myself referring back to the drawings a lot, double checking dimensions, pondering (and maybe refining) the design, and even a place for a quick note…
Lets make some parts:
I didn’t have a way to chuck up the cutting disk in the lathe, as my chuck is simply too small. Instead, I machined it on the mill.
Some of the brackets are machined and ready for welding.
Milling the slots for the pillow block bearings. This will allow me to tension the belts.
A few shots while I was welding the arm.
The frame is test fitted on the tractor.
The welding on the main components is finished, ready for assembly.
First mock-up with the hydraulic cylinders.
Yours truly, checking the travel of the hydraulics. Nothing binding, everything moves free.
The pulley need to be adapted to fit the gearbox.
Cleaning up the outside diameter of the cutting disc. Again, due to the size of my late, I mounted the disc on the shaft, which I then chucked up in the lathe.
The cutting disc and shaft with the pillow block bearing are installed on the arm. The disc got also the Greenteeth pockets mounted. For more information on the pockets and teeth, see: www.greenteeth.com
Thank you for visiting my shop.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment and I will get back to you.